1. Quick response to start/stop/reverse.
2. By directly coupling to the load on the shaft, extremely low-speed synchronous rotation can be achieved.
3. Since the speed is proportional to the frequency of the input pulse, any variable speed can be achieved.
4. Reliable operation because there is no commutation brush in the motor. Therefore, the life of the motor mainly depends on the life of the bearing.
5. The motor's response to the digital input pulse provides open loop control, which makes the stepping motor simpler and lower control cost.
6. The rotation angle of the motor is proportional to the input pulse.
7. The motor has full torque at a standstill (the winding is energized)
8. Precise positioning, the accuracy of high-quality stepping motors is 3% to 5% of the step angle, and the error will not accumulate.
1. Unable to reach very high speeds.
2. If the pulse is not properly controlled, resonance may occur.